Gimp 2.8.10 – December 7, 2013
Gimp 2.8.10 was released a few days ago. This is a bugfix release only and no new features have been added to this build.
For Windows users, the following changes have been implemented. The gtk+ underpinning has been completely separated from Gimp itself. You can use subfolder "Frameworks" for other gtk+ based applications. From our perspective, it's easier to simply update gtk+ independent of Gimp and vice versa. One caveat... you must completely uninstall previous builds to install this version.
All the usual plugins you have come to expect from builds at this site have been included. In particular, the latest G'MIC version 184.108.40.206 is included, as is UFRAW. For the sake of completeness, here is the list of all plugins:
- G'MIC version 220.127.116.11
- UFRAW (Camera RAW Editor)
- Radical Image Optimization Tool (Save for the Web)
- Save and Export: Allows you to save as xcf and simultaneously export as JPEG and/or PNG
- Resynthesizer version 1.0
- David's Batch Processor
- Texture Tiler
- Fix Chromatic Aberration
- Satequalizer (saturation equalizer)
- Advance Unsharp Mask
- Liquid Scaling (liquid rescale)
- Separate+ (color management in Gimp)
- Advanced Tone Mapping (faux HDR)
- Recover Shadows and Highlights
All feedback and comments are welcome. We appreciate your support and hope you keep using Gimp. If you encounter any issues, please let us know. One important point: If you expect a response, leave a valid email address.
So, if you are inclined to leave us feedback or a comment...